1 Day Australian Institute for Strangulation Prevention 9am - 3:30pm
Date and Time
One Day Seminar
Non Lethal Strangulation:
Lessons from the San Diego Master Class
19th November 9 am
As we continue to advance our knowledge and understanding on Non Lethal Strangulation, we uncover other important issues that we need to highlight and address.
Members of the Australian Institute for Strangulation Prevention are committed to doing this and will be attending the 4 days master class on strangulation prevention in San Diego in late October, bringing back the latest in research, approaches and best practice.
This informative day will include topics related to:
- Best practice in responding to strangulation victims.
- Stranglers: How do we address this specific high risk offending.
- Pornography, sexual violence and the relationship with strangulation
- Qld Strangulation Legislation and why we need urgent amendments.
- Strangulation and children
- Enhanced methods of screening
This informative will include presentations from Magistrate Linda Bradford Morgan, Dr Heather Lovatt, Dr Brian Sullivan, Di Macleod ,Janine Lee, Betty Taylor and Yasmin Khan plus a multidisciplinary panel