Accessibility for Web Writers - Melbourne: Vision Australia
Date and Time
Cliftons Melbourne - Collins Street
1/440 Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia
Accessibility for Web Writers
Learn how to make your content accessible for people with disabilities. Get hands-on experience using simple tools to test content against the WCAG 2.1 standard. Suitable for web writers, editors, publishers and content managers.
The course modules are:
- About accessibility - how people with disabilities use the web, Australian law and policy on web accessibility, an overview of the documents and structure of WCAG 2.1
- Navigation - covers 2.4.2 Page titled, 2.4.4 link purpose
- Structure - covers 1.3.1 Info and relationships, 2.4.6 Headings and labels.
- Language - covers 3.1.2 Language of parts
- Images and colour - covers 1.1.1 Non-text content, 1.4.1 Use of colour, 1.4.3 Contrast, 1.4.5 Images of text, 1.4.11 Non-text contrast, 2.3.1 Three flashes or below threshold, 3.2.4 Consistent identification
- Instructions and errors - covers 1.3.3 Sensory characteristics, 3.3.1 Error identification, 3.3.2 Labels or instructions, 3.3.3 Error suggestions
- Audio and video - covers 1.1.1 Non-text content, 1.2.1 Audio-only and video-only, 1.2.2 Captions, 1.2.3 Audio description or media alternative, 1.2.5 Audio descriptions
- Documents - covers 1.3.2 Meaningful sequence, 2.1.1 Keyboard, 2.4.1 Bypass blocks, 3.1.1 Language of page, 3.2.2 On input, 3.2.3 Consistent navigation, 4.1.2 Name, role, value. Also discusses ‘accessibility supported’ technologies and the latest advice on using PDF and Word documents online
During the course you’ll use a netbook we supply (shared with another participant), preloaded with accessibility testing software.
- Printed course notes which include handy checklists
- Access to download presentation slides (for personal use only)
- Loads of online resources (cheat sheets, tips sheets and more)
Cost and Inclusions
Prices listed are per person, including GST. Catering is provided.
- Early bird (registrations confirmed more than 21 days prior): $715
- Group rate (registrations for 4 people or more): $715
- Full price: $795
You may only cancel your registration by written notice to email@example.com. If notification of cancellation is received by Vision Australia: (i) more than 14 days prior to the event, a full refund of your registration fees, less an administration fee of $16.50, will be provided; (ii) between 7 and 14 days prior to the event, a refund of 50% of your registration fees, less an administration fee of $16.50, will be provided; (iii) less than 7 days prior to the event, registration fees will not be refunded.
Phone: 1300 367 055
Vision Australia's Digital Access team is proud to be the leading provider of accessibility and inclusive design training in Australia. Our public and in-house training courses enable professionals and whole organisations to achieve the highest standards in digital accessibility, inclusion and communication.