The Brand Summit Newcastle 2019
Date and Time
The Brand Summit, an annual thought leadership conference held in Newcastle, is back for its third year after another great response to the 2018 event. Launching in 2017 with a massive audience satisfaction rating, The Brand Summit is one not to be missed. The key role of the event is to showcase contemporary brand thinking - inviting marketers and business leaders to hear from industry experts on all things brand.
This year, three top speakers take the stage to share their ideas on the future of Marketing.
2019 Keynote Speakers
Lisa Ronson - Chief Marketing Officer, Coles
Andrew Baxter - Adjunct Professor, Senior Advisor, Chairman
Third speaker to be announced in the coming weeks.
Enigma Newcastle Managing Director Peter Chapman will MC the event with each speaker taking the stage for a keynote presentation before an in depth audience Q&A panel discussion.
Chief Marketing Officer, Coles
Lisa is a commercially-focused senior executive with 20 years of experience across multiple national and global brands and a diverse range of industries – FMCG, financial services, retail, telecommunications and banking – and a focus on sports and entertainment marketing.
Career highlights include:
- No. 1 Most Innovative Marketer 2018, CMO Magazine
- Australian Marketing Institute CMO Of The Year, Team Of The Year and Campaign Of The Year, 2018
- Ad Campaign Of The Year 2018, Mumbrella
- Cannes 2018 Titanium Lion for 'Dundee Son of a Legend Returns Home', winner of 10 Cannes Lions
- Named by CMO Magazine as 13th most innovative and effective marketers in Australia in 2017
- Named by AdNews as one of the Top 50 Most Influential Marketers in Australia in 2016
- Named by CMO Magazine as 21st most innovative and effective marketers in Australia in 2016
Adjunct Professor, Senior Advisor, Chairman
After a 20-year career in advertising, ultimately leading two of the world’s largest communications networks (Ogilvy and then Publicis Group) across Australia and the broader region, Andrew recently became a senior member of KPMG's entrepreneurial Customer, Brand & Marketing Advisory business, as well as a senior advisor at BGH Capital and the Adjunct Professor of Marketing at the University of Sydney.
Andrew is a keen speaker and writer on the big issues that are shaping the marketing communications industry. He is a regular columnist for The Australian, and a keynote speaker with Saxton Speakers Bureau.
Career highlights include:
- Named as one of LinkedIn's Top 40 Australian Influencers
- Recognised by Campaign magazine as one of the Top 5 Agency Leaders in Australia and New Zealand
- Winner of Australian Marketing Institute's Sir Charles McGrath Award for his significant contribution to the field of marketing
Third Speaker to be announced soon!
Welcome to Enigma. An unambiguous kind of place. A place that cuts through the smoke and mirrors of the communications industry with three simple beliefs: ideas with grit; those tenacious, brave & determined creative solutions that just won’t let go; that prove their worth time and time again. They’re ideas that work hard for you, your brand, your business. Our agency model; We solve your business issue creatively and intelligently by developing bold experiences and touch points for your customers, wherever and whenever that may be. With all disciplines under the one roof, it’s easy for us to focus on that experience with every tool at our disposal. The 'creative experience' is the sweet spot where idea, creative expression and channel combine to capture the attention and fire imagination. Our values; We believe in heart, it is our core value; it is the respect, honesty and transparency that drives our culture. It inspires us to be nimble, curious, smart, and above all, collaborative.