Breastfeeding Education Class Joondalup
Date and Time
Expecting a baby? Do you have questions about breastfeeding?
Most babies breastfeed within an hour of being born, so it pays to learn what to do well before your baby is due. Come to a relaxed, information-packed Breastfeeding Education Class for expectant families in Perth!
The ABA Breastfeeding Education Class is a breastfeeding class with a difference:
- Classes are taught by qualified breastfeeding counsellors & educators (Cert IV Breastfeeding Education) who also have personal experience breastfeeding their own children for 6 months and beyond
- Each class includes a live demonstration of breastfeeding by a volunteer mother and baby
- Through an ABA Membership attendees are provided with ongoing breastfeeding support and resources and connected to a
network of breastfeeding families both locally and across Australia.
Morning tea is provided.
Classes are $20 for ABA Members only
Become an ABA Member for $70 (12 month membership), or $55 concession, then book into your Breastfeeding Education
ABA Membership benefits include:
- Complementary book Breastfeeding … naturally valued at $34.95. A comprehensive breastfeeding resource covering most of the questions you’ll ever have about breastfeeding.
- 50% savings when hiring a breast pump through your local group.
- Support through your local group and member-only resources.
- Up-to-date information with our member magazine Essence and
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Do I need to be a member of the Australian Breastfeeding Association to attend a class?
Yes. As a Member you will receive many benefits including ongoing support throughout your breastfeeding journey, building on the skills you gain from attending a Breastfeeding Education Class. While the ticket price covers the cost of the venue and consumables, membership supports the ABA to provide volunteers with the training and resources needed to support ABA Members and the community. More information on membership can be found at: www.breastfeeding.asn.au/membership
You can become a member by signing up online using the links. Gift memberships are available if you are buying a ticket for a friend or family member.
At what stage of my pregnancy should I attend a class?
It will be useful for you to attend a class any time in the second or third trimester. Attending before 24 weeks can be helpful for those unexpected early arrivals.
Should my partner come too?
Partners are your major support and it really helps for them to learn everything with you. If your partner is not able to attend, you are encouraged to bring another of your support people, such as a family-member or doula.
I am having twins! Do you have a special class for me?
The content of our classes will be relevant and useful for all breastfeeding situations, including parents expecting multiples, premature babies and caesarean births.
The Association also has a variety of accurate and evidence-based resources and booklets that will provide the additional information relevant for your situation. You can find resources here and here.
My baby is due in the next few weeks. The class I want says it is fully booked! HELP!
Please contact the WA Breastfeeding Education Class Coordinator at: firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss other options.
Refunds are available 1 day prior to the event
Date and Time
Australian Breastfeeding Association WA Branch
The Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) is Australia’s leading authority on breastfeeding. Our mission is to support, educate and advocate for a breastfeeding inclusive society. ABA strives to provide mothers with practical mother-to-mother support and information, enabling them to establish and continue breastfeeding. RTO: 21659