Supporting your child through high school - General Family Workshops - ELIZABETH
Date and Time
Shop 1/57 Elizabeth Way, Elizabeth SA 5112, Australia
This workshop is specifically designed for parents who have a child currently attending high school, or starting high school in 2019. This session will be presented by an Autism Consultant with experience in teaching in the high school setting.
The following topics to be covered:
• What to expect;
• Who to talk to at high school;
• What support your child might be eligible to access at school;
• Preparing your child for the transition from primary to high school;
• Creating and implementing systems to support academic expectations – learning new routines, use of organisational folders, assignment break down, and recording homework;
• Developing social understanding;
• Bullying prevention and strategies;
• Anxiety and stress management;
• What to do if things are not going well; and
• Post school pathways – transition from school to tertiary study/employment/other e.g Day Options.