Understanding autism and effective strategies for reception teachers - Professional General Workshop - ELIZABETH
Date and Time
Shop 1/57 Elizabeth Way, Elizabeth SA 5112, Australia
This is a General Workshop that has been developed for Reception teachers and educators who want a better understanding of autism and a range of effective strategies to support a new Reception student’s successful transition to school in 2019.
Transitioning to school is an important and complex step for all students. This workshop aims to support students with a positive start to schooling in 2019 by covering the following topics:
• Collecting and sharing information;
• Creating a student profile;
• Developing a relationship;
• Teaching school readiness skills;
• Setting up effective routines;
• Practical strategies to use in the classroom;
• Supporting the student’s well-being; and
• Developing support networks.
Throughout the workshop the presenter will use discussion, activities and videos to deliver information specific to Reception students starting school, that will enhance the participant’s knowledge of autism, with strategies to enable
them to provide effective support and increase inclusion.