Understanding autism and effective strategies for early years professionals - Professional Development General Workshop - NETLEY
Date and Time
1/262 Marion Rd, Netley SA 5037, Australia
This is a General Workshop which has been developed for early years professionals, including preschool, kindergarten or childcare educators who want a better understanding of autism and a range of effective strategies to support children on the autism spectrum.
Presented by a consultant with significant experience in working in the early years setting, the topics covered include:
• Understanding autism;
• The early indicators of autism;
• The diagnostic process in SA;
• Services and support available;
• Setting up successful transitions;
• Setting up supportive environments;
• How to teach a new skill;
• Positive behaviour support strategies;
• Identifying and supporting sensory needs; and
• Case studies.
Throughout the workshop the presenter will use discussion, activities and videos to deliver information specific to the early years setting that will enhance participant’s knowledge of autism, and strategies that enable them to provide effective support and inclusion for children with autism.