Creative Coding Online, Jan 24 & 25
Coding made awesome!
Kids will learn how to program games and animations using easy to use Scratch. It's all about drag and drop programming that challenges and extends their understanding. Have some fun whilst learning how to use coding in the real world. The course is run by Fizzics Education.
Grades 3 to 7
Small classes - 6 kids plus our educator
- This online course is suitable for beginners
- The course will be run using Zoom meeting
- The children code at the same time as our educator and we will work with them to solve their coding challenges.
Run over 2 mornings from 9:00am to 12:30pm, January 24 & 25
Can't make these dates? We're running this on January 13 & 14 too.
Find out more here
- Internet connection & a device with the Zoom app downloaded
- You will need a reliable internet connection, with a minimum speed of 1 Mbps for both upload and download. You can test your speed here.
- Full system requirements here for Zoom
- Each guest should test their Zoom connection here.
IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ BEFORE JOINING THE SESSION
- An adult must be present throughout both sessions in your location.
- Please be aware of what is in the background of your child(ren)’s camera
- Any inappropriate content will result in removal from the session
- All children need to keep their microphones on mute unless they are asking or answering a question
- Please make sure you show your child how to mute and unmute their microphone
- You will automatically join the meeting in Active Speaker mode. Please stay in this mode, do not switch to Gallery View. This way the presenter’s screen will be the main one you see.
- Make sure your child’s first name is shown on your Zoom profile
- If we can’t identify your child(ren) they won’t be admitted into the meeting
- How to change profile names in Zoom
- Hover the cursor over your name, click on the blue “More” button and then "Rename"
- Enter your child’s name and then click “Rename”.
Joining the session constitutes acceptance of the Fizzics Education Terms and Conditions for Online Science Classes. Our presenter(s) have the ability to mute microphones, turn off cameras, and remove children from the session. Any inappropriate content will result in removal from the session (with or without a warning depending on the severity).
We’re a Creative Kids, Registered Provider!
Use your $100 Creative Kids Voucher for the full day coding program that we offer.
Make sure that you've checked' Only show online programs'
Apply for a voucher!
Once you receive the voucher, please contact us directly to book into the coding holiday workshop. We'll need the following details:
- Your name, address, email and phone number
- Your child's full name, birthdate and creative kids voucher linked to them
Call 02 9674 2191 or email us on email@example.com with these details.
NB: The Creative Kids Voucher can only be used for our coding programs and is available to NSW residents only.
Need more details about this? Read more here!
System requirements for Scratch
Scratch will run in most current web browsers on desktops, laptops and tablets. You can view projects on mobile phones, but currently you are not able to create or edit projects on phones. Below is the list of officially supported browsers.
- Chrome (63+)
- Edge (15+)
- Firefox (57+)
- Safari (11+)
- Internet Explorer is NOT supported.
- Mobile Chrome (63+)
- Mobile Safari (11+)
- If your computer doesn’t meet these requirements, you can try the Scratch app editor (see next item in FAQ).
- If you encounter a WebGL error, try a different browser.
- On tablets, there is currently not a way to use "key pressed" blocks or right-click context menus.
My child is too young, can they attend with their older sibling?
The minimum age of each program is set to ensure that children attending have the mathematical and problem-solving skills to successfully code and keep up with the pace of the program. Younger children tend to fall behind and can end up frustrated which can have an impact on the rest of the class. Additionally, as the course is online it is difficult for us to control any sibling arguments and as such we do not recommend this.
Where can I find any updated information?
Check out our Facebook page for updates and fun facts!
Fizzics will provide a full refund only if the event is rescheduled or cancelled. We cannot refund tickets, but name changes on tickets are acceptable. Fizzics reserves the right to review all requests for refunds on a discretionary basis.