Dare to lead cultural change
Date and Time
We are delighted to host Samantha Freebairn for a very interactive dining event at Grossi Group Venue - Merchant on Collins Street.
Samantha is a highly skilled and driven women, a Wing Commander, Pilot for Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF), World Economic Forum Global Leader, Telstra Business Woman, Gender Diversity and Inclusion Advocate, Mentor and Women’s Leadership Specialist and a busy Wife and Mother of two.
- Women hold 13.7% of chair positions and 25.8% of directorships and represent 17.1% of CEOs and 30.5% of key management personnel (WGEA 2019).
- 35.2% of boards and governing bodies have no female directors. By contrast, only 0.9% had no male directors (WGEA 2018, Australia's Gender Equality Scorecard).
- We need to open up discussions about Female leadership.
Our Daring to Lead Cultural Change event is born from Samantha's first-hand experience in creating systemic change in the Royal Australian Air Force. Samantha’s work has been globally recognised in 2016 by the prestigious World Economic Forum, where she was identified as a Young Global Leader, “Most influential global leaders under 40 years” for her outstanding leadership drive and qualities. Further her entrepreneurial flair has also been recognised Across Australia by Telstra in 2014 by taking out the QLD Telstra Business Women’s Award for Business Innovation of the Air Force's Graduate Pilot Scheme.
Samatha as a Women’s Leadership Specialist, Pilot, Keynote speaker and as a Business Coach who will be spending the night with us (over a delicious meal courtesy of Guy Grossi and his team at Merchant) we will be looking at;
- In-depth look at the challenges and opportunities across the professional cultural landscape.
- Discuss the definition of what leadership is and most Importantly what it means to you
- The various type of leadership style’s and how to apply a suitable leadership style that you will excel in
- How to Inspire Female leaders with a focus on understanding key attributes of a change maker and the importance of trials
- How do we encourage to change the cultural environment in which we work?
- How do we inspire "New ways" of working?
- Insights and practical tips "How to both tactically and as an influencer" lead the way for many Women
There will be some takeaway materials and an opportunity to win a 1:1 coaching session with Samantha and some wonderful door prizes.
Join us for DARING TO LEAD CULTURAL CHANGE, WITH SAMANTHA FREEBAIRN
WEDNESDAY JUL 24, 2019
INTIMATE DINNER AT GUY GROSSI'S MERCHANT
495 COLLINS ST, MELBOURNE VIC 3000
Samantha Freebairn bio
Earlier in Samantha’s career, she worked as a Air Force Pilot, flying both combat and on humanitarian relief missions. As a highly skilled pilot, Samantha was the first woman in Australia to instruct pilots in the C-17A simulator.As a Gender Diversity and Inclusion Advocate, Samantha wrote the RAAF policy which enabled her and other women the ability to return to operational flying positions after having children.
Later Samantha was employed as the Operations Flight Commander for 36 Squadron and their fleet of eight C17 Globemaster aircraft.
In 2014, Samantha won the QLD Telstra Business Women’s Award in Business Innovation for her Graduate Pilot Scheme, which incentivises military aviation to women who had never previously considered it. Increase in Female pilot numbers had been stagnant for over 30 years, Samantha's new initiative resulted in successfully doubling the number of Female pilots in the Air Force in a two-year period.
- 2016, World Economic Forum, Young Global Leader most influential global leaders under 40 years
- 2014 QLD Telstra Business Women’s Award winner, Business Innovation (Graduate Pilot Scheme)
- Wing Commander, Pilot, Royal Australian Air Force
- First Women in Australia to instruct pilots in the C-17A simulator
- Gender Diversity and Inclusion Advocate
- Currently the Deputy Director of the Australian Air Force Cadets aviation and Women’s Leadership Specialist
Samantha’s Education & Qualifications include;
- Bachelor of Science degree,
- Masters of Management in Leadership,
- Certified Workplace and Business Coach
- Graduate of Harvard University (John F. Kennedy School of Government) ‘Global Leadership and Public Policy for the 21st Century’ program.
- Operational C-130H Hercules Pilot
- C-17 Globemaster pilot
Today Samantha is a keynote speaker, the Deputy Director of the Australian Air Force Cadets aviation activities, Women’s Leadership Specialist and works and a Business Coach.
Digital Women's Network
The Digital Women’s Networking group was created for professionals interested in growing their network, learning about digital tools, technology trends and active personal development. This is a professional business networking group, focused around learning, engaging and fun. Our Mission is to empower Women by keeping them at the forefront of the Digital revolution, ensuring people feel more deeply connected to each other and valued more than just their jobs or titles. We strongly support diversity in Technology and by default we help people to find new roles in organisations through our events, courses and online community. The group was founded in Melbourne 2016 and is operated by Women and Men working in the digital space. We have grown our digital footprint and members to over 30K. We connect people through hosting events, activities, luncheons and educational courses. We also share our insights, blogs and articles online through Facebook live, video, podcasts, webinars and profile our members on our website. Our speakers and partners are carefully selected to ensure you walk away inspired, with new skills or insights you didn’t have before you arrived. Digital Women's Network connects Digital Leaders, Curators, Professional coaches, Educators, Corporates and Innovators with a variety of brands, businesses, Unicorns, start-ups and accelerators. What's more, we always have tea, coffee, light refreshments, wine and canapés on offer at each event or course. We welcome you to join our growing community, come and surround yourself with success-oriented Leaders! Professional development is strong across; * Digital different trends, * Technology tools * Exposure to Tech business and movers and shakers in digital * Partnership with Mercedes Me & Grossi Florentino as venues we host events at * Local/Global marketing and digital communications channels Personal Development * We have teamed up with Leaders such as Jon Yeo, Curator of TEDx Melbourne in order to deliver courses focused on how to Pitch and engage like a TED talker * We work with professional speaking coaches to help people feel more confident in presenting, who incorporate the use of body language, unconscious biases and psychology. Meet the Digital Women's Network Team Members & ALUMNI * Angela Mellak Co-Founder & Director * Insiya Challawala -Board Member * Carmen Sederino - Board Member * Jade Tian - Board Member * Jody Smith- Committee Member * Ruby Jiang- Committee Member * Nicola Reece - Committee Member It is a true privilege to work with such a talented collective of like-minded people on our committee and board, who are all focused on growing the network and providing an outstanding experience. Please feel free to reach out to them directly at our next event! We look forward to meeting you soon, Cheers Angela Mellak MCIM Ranking Top10 LinkedIn influencer 2017 Co-founder - Digital Womens Network Level 3, 162 Collins Street, Melbourne 3000 M: +61(0)466 619 631 E: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org https://www.digitalwomensnetwork.com IF YOU WANT TO GO FAST GO ALONE. IF YOU WANT TO GO FAR, GO WITH OTHERS…. African Proverb