Date and Time
The Hall, NAB Docklands
700 Bourke St, Docklands VIC 3008, Australia
We are all about supporting educators to build real things that make a real difference for kids (that’s why we are called Education Changemakers and not Education Changetalkers). The day before the big event (EC19), we are the EDlab, which is an action-focused day of learning, building and connecting. You can come by yourself, or with a team and from midday to 5:00 we will move through a design thinking process to help you solve an education challenge that you identify. During the EDlab you will have the chance to hear from and work alongside the brilliant experts that we are flying in from all over the world. So you will learn a bunch, meet some inspiring and experienced educators and walk away with a real strategy to launch in your school. There are two streams during the EDlab, and these are ‘Leading Great Learning’ and ‘Leading Great Schools’ with more information on these streams below. You can decide which stream to join on the day. This price also includes great food and drinks and a networking event at the end of the day.
The two streams are detailed in more depth below:
Leading Great Learning Stream:
Are you always looking to create cutting edge curriculum that provides powerful, engaging, future-focused learning for your students?
This stream during the EDlab has an absolute focus on helping you to lead powerful learning for your students. Facilitated by the award-winning Education Changemakers team, this is your chance to spend focused time with some of the best learning designers at EC19, and across the day build out a new unit of work for your students. You will walk away inspired, with a unit you can implement immediately and a stack of great activities, inquiry questions and learning approaches to add to your practice. During the masterclass you will engage with:
- The crew from Lumineer Academy as they share their powerful future focused approaches.
- Teachers from Think Global School who run one of the most diverse learning models in the world.
- Teachers from Wooranna Park, one of the most astounding school spaces in Australia.
- A team of the most innovative educators we know in Melbourne!
This stream is designed for teachers, Directors of Learning, pre-service teachers and students.
Leading Great Schools Stream:
Are you a school leader that is looking for a refreshing fix of ideas, inspiration and connections?
This stream during the EDlab is designed for school leaders and gives you the chance to spend a day with some brilliant school leaders, hear inspiring stories of education leadership and be equipped with a range of practical tools to implement immediately back in your school. The stream is facilitated by the school leaders in the Education Changemakers team who will engage with:
- The CEO and co-founder of Education Changemakers and the co-author of the best selling school leadership book ‘Dream Team: How innovative leaders change schools’.
- Leaders from the Think Global School who run one of the most diverse learning models in the world.
- The Principal of Wooranna Park Primary, who is known as the Walt Disney of Australian schools.
- Leaders from Lumineer Academy, one of the country’s most innovative schools.
- The Principal of the astounding Chicago Tech Academy.
This stream is designed for principals, system leaders, CEOs, and leadership teams.
Find out more at educhange.com.au.