SYD Hardware Day
Date and Time
Hardware is not for everyone, but everyone in Hardware will be here!
Calling all Hardware founders, funders and friends - this half day event has something for everyone!
Saturday 26th October @ INCUBATE Hub, University of Sydney
How to Launch a Product: From Bootstrapping to Made to Order (and everything in-between)
9:15am Join our panel of experts to discover alternative ways to get your product to market.
Spark Innovation Workshop: The Invention Game
10:15am Learn about some cool innovations and have some fun with a group challenge to ideate and inspire creativity
11:15am Pizza and Networking
Hardware World Café: Have questions? We have the answers.
11:45am Join the discussions and make the connections with the key parts of the Hardware world. Speak with the experts:
- Product design and Engineering – How to make it right Ted Esdaile Watts, Tech-Creators.
- The Lean Startup – Hardware Version Michael Potas, Boost Design
- Which comes first – the Customers or the Tech? Abbie Widin, One Extra Zero
- The Start-up journey - Key lessons learnt Kuanchen Chen, Opsis Preter Audio
- R&D Tax incentive – funding your development David Tonkin, TCF/R&D Capital
- Regulation and going global – Getting it right upfront Tim Kannegieter/Geoff Sizer, Gensys Design
- What do I need to do/show/prove before I start asking for money? Martin Duursma, Main Sequence Ventures
- From idea to company – The 15 assets of the journey Anand Tamboli, Anand Tamboli & Co
- Intellectual Property – How, When and Why Stuart Campbell, FB Rice
Supported by Innovation Drive, INCUBATE, CSIRO Lindfield Collaboration Hub and Ozhard
How do I get to the INCUBATE Hub?
To access the INCUBATE Hub, enter the Wentworth building from the Butlin Ave entrance. Take the lift or stairs to level 4, and the entrance is to your right.
The closest train station is Redfern, and the closest bus stop is City Road before Butlin Avenue
Is there parking available on site?
Paid parking is available in the Seymour Centre carpark, enter via Shepherd Street. Limited untimed free parking is available on Butlin Avenue
You may be photographed or videod while attending this event: please approach the organiser if you have questions, concerns, or do not wish this to happen.
The event organisers may add you to a mailing list so they can follow up, and you can receive updates about their activities: this mailing list will have an easy-to-find unsubscribe button.