ICLEI Young Writers Network—Sustainability Communications Workshop (RMIT)
Date and Time
Building 051, Level 03, Room 011 (051.03.011)
80-92 Victoria St, Carlton VIC 3053, Australia
The ICLEI Young Writers Network is hosting a workshop for RMIT sustainability students interested in gaining tips on how to communicate their research to a non-academic audience.
Communicating is a critical part of any professional work, but students often miss out on developing these skills during their study. If you're looking to make a positive impact with your research, or would like to learn how to communicate your research to different audiences this workshop is for you.
YOU will learn:
- How to extract core messages and deliver them in a compelling way to your chosen audience
- How to make complex information more comprehensible to a general audience
- How to create engaging and memorable content through storytelling
- Science communication / research translation
- Reflecting on communicating science and complex concepts
- Q&A with Young Writers Network
- Access to communication resources
The Young Writers Network is run by ICLEI Oceania, a not-for-profit focused on sustainable development. The organisation ICLEI is a global network of over 1,750 cities, towns and regions committed to sustainability and climate action.