The Grounds Presents: An Intimate Evening with Jessica Mauboy
Date and Time
Join us at The Grounds for an intimate experience with Jessica Mauboy, as she shares her new album 'HILDA' for the first time...
Pull up a chair in The Garden and nestle in amongst the greenery as Jessica Mauboy presents a glimpse of her soul and culture in her brand new studio album, HILDA. Over two intimate performances, Jessica and her band will be performing a selection of songs from her new album.
With each of the 14 tracks co-written by Jessica, HILDA continues the theme of being an extraordinary photograph of her life and emotions. And at the age of 30, this is without question her most deeply personal work to date.
This is an album of songs about the 'Little Things' in our lives - the quiet moments on a 'Sunday' afternoon, the private thoughts alone in a taxi cab, the 3am reflections, the little rejections, the disappointments, the small heartbreaks, but ultimately about hope and spirit which amount to the biggest things - who we are.
This studio album shows Jessica in her most naked and raw state, which truly makes this intimate event one not to be missed.
To accompany this powerful performance, The Garden Bar will be open for the purchasing of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks whilst the BBQ will provide a select menu by Executive Head Chef Paul McGrath.
Wednesday the 23rd of October
Performance 1: 5:30pm - 7:30pm
Doors will open at 5:30pm, with music kicking off from 6:15pm
Performance 2: 8:15pm - 10:15pm
Doors will open at 8:15pm, with music kicking off from 9pm
- General Admission (25.0)
- General Admission + a signed copy of HILDA by Jessica Mauboy (40.0)
Extra signed copies are available for 15.0. Please select your required amount at checkout.
About Jessica Mauboy
Jessica’s own music has been that saviour for many, with five top 10 albums, fifteen top 20 singles, 4 ARIA accredited Platinum selling albums and winning two ARIA Music Awards from 24 nominations to her name since she captured the heart of the nation as a 16-year-old on Australian Idol back in 2006.
Since then, her songs & videos have been streamed globally over 292 million times and over 112 million times in Australia alone, as well as having over 3.3 million catalogue sales (singles, albums & DVDs). She has toured with
Beyonce, collaborated with Ricky Martin, Flo Rida, Snoop Dogg and Pitbull; performed for Barack Obama, Oprah Winfrey, Ellen DeGeneres and made history being the first non-European solo artist to represent Australia at Eurovision in 2014.
Jessica has also starred in Bran Nue Dae, the acclaimed 2012 musical The Sapphires, and in 2016 & 2017, starred in the 2 x 6 part Australian TV series, The Secret Daughter. In 2016 she made ARIA Chart history being the first indigenous woman to achieve three consecutive weeks at #1 for her release of Songs From The Original TV Series – The Secret Daughter Series 1 and Series 2.
Away from the microphone, Jessica uses her high public profile to support community organisations and promote reconciliation, multiculturalism and healthy living.
- Tickets are available for 25.0 or 40.0 including a signed copy of HILDA.
- Extra copies are available for 15.0 and can be purchased on the night or at checkout.
- Performance one: The Garden will be open from 5:30pm, with music kicking off from 6:15pm. The Garden will close at 7:45pm.
- Performance two: The Garden will re-open at 8:15pm, with music kicking off from 9pm. The Garden will close at 10:15pm.
- Seating and tables are limited - we recommend arriving early for your session to secure seats and tables if you require them.
- No external food and beverage may be brought into the venue. Food and drink will be available for purchase from The Garden Bar and the BBQ.
- The Garden is a family friendly venue and welcomes 4 legged friends as well.
- Proof of ID will be required to purchase alcoholic beverages.
- Tickets are limited, so be sure to get yours before the event sells out.
- Humanitix is the only official platform for tickets. Tickets are not available for resale - please do not purchase tickets through unofficial resellers.
#thegrounds #jessicamauboy #HILDA
Date and Time
Your booking fee is supporting
Education programs for girls
$70 teaches a girl to read and write for a year