Lake Bolac Eel Festival - 2020
Date and Time
The 13th Lake Bolac Eel Festival will be held on the foreshore at Lake Bolac in SW Victoria. It's the small festival, with a big beautiful heart and lots of music, arts, culture, workshops and friendship - plenty to engage all ages - truly multi generational.
Friday 20 March - Art Auction
Saturday 21 March - Eel Festival
Held every two years in late March or early April, the timing reflects the season when Shortfinned Eels traditionally begin their migration to the sea to spawn and when indigenous people from surrounding areas gathered around the shores of Lake Bolac and along the Salt Creek to harvest the eels, trade and hold ceremonies.
Our aims are to:
- Provide an inclusive, low cost event with artistic and cultural content that will enrich the life of this rural community;
- Promote the Festival as a significant gathering place for people who care for the environment and respect Aboriginal cultural heritage;
- Foster reconciliation and mutual respect and understanding between indigenous and non-indigenous peoples;
- Promote the restoration of Lake Bolac and surrounding waterways to a state that is ecologically sustainable for the flora and fauna dependent on it; and
- Promote ecologically sustainable rural practice
Refunds are available 1 day prior to the event
Date and Time
Your booking fee is supporting
Funding scholarships for Indigenous students