Onslow Launchpad Workshops
Launchpad back to in person workshops!
We are so happy to announce that our Launchpad Bootcamp is now going to be in person!
We are very excited to be able to get up to the Pilbara and deliver an exceptional learning experience to you.
The new, confirmed dates are:
Thursday 6th & Friday 7th August (pitch event on the afternoon 7th)
We’re on the look out for local entrepreneurs, business owners and professionals to join us - hear about your business goals and challenges and learn some creative approaches to responding to the current economic climate. We will build this community until such time as we can offer the full in person experience of Launchpad in the Pilbara!
Presented by Plus Eight, WA’s leading innovation and entrepreneurial program, this two-day bootcamp is perfect for those looking to make put their ideas into practice and rapidly develop the capabilities needed to build or grow a new or existing business.
Have an idea?
• Kick-starting your idea can be difficult! Plus Eight provides a fast-paced, exciting and structured way to explore your ideas
• Opportunity to rapidly test your idea and put them into action
• Empower yourself with all the tools needed to build a successful, scalable business - from right here in Onslow!
• Access to expert training. Leverage years of accumulated wisdom and experiences to give you the best chance of success
• Connect with other local entrepreneurs, as well as a network of mentors and investors across the Pilbara and global Plus Eight network
• Rapidly test a new product or service offering, quickly and before you invest significant time and financial resources
• Learn new approaches to problem solving & product/service development
• Get equipped with the tools top companies around the world are using to innovate and grow profits and market share
• Access expert support, mentors and funding opportunities
• Pitch to an audience of potential customers and supporters
• Learn the methodologies and processes used by top companies and innovators around the world
• Nurture your entrepreneurial spirit, and learn how to test new ideas quickly and build strong business cases to get them implemented as a intrapreneur and driving impact within your organisation
• Explore themes such as lean canvas, customer-centricity, design-thinking and rapid prototyping
• Learn how to succinctly and effectively pitch + communicate your ideas to teams, exec and community
Over the course of the full-day workshop, you'll be challenged by leading startup mentors and be given the support to test, develop and validate your ideas and grow your skills as a leader in the community.
This bootcamp is supported by the Launchpad Program, which is designed to build capability and capacity within the WA innovation community.
• How to develop a winning idea from concept to impact
• How to use empathy to drive growth and success
• How to stay ahead as our world and economy is transformed by technology
• How to efficiently and effectively pitch your ideas
• Wrap-up and celebration, with expert mentors and investors
This program is about helping you grow your current business, or a new idea - we recommend coming with an existing idea that you're wanting to work on throughout the day.
The idea can be an existing business, or something that you have thought about but haven't worked on yet.
There will be a "Pitch Night" on the final workshop - all are welcome!
Local residents, stakeholders, industry and government. More information to follow!
You can learn more about Plus Eight here.