Little Scientists STEM Air Workshop, Darwin NT
Bring fresh air into the room, catch soap bubbles and learn that air is so much more than ‘nothing’.
Experience air through touch, sound and movement. Discover that air is so much more than ‘nothing’ by making it perceptible to your senses. Uncover how communication, reflection and questioning enhance children’s ability to become confident life-long learners.
This STEM learning opportunity will help you:
- learn how early education can foster children’s metacognitive development
- uncover how communication, reflection and questioning enhance children’s ability to think about their own learning
- experience the effects of different prompts and questions on the learner
- explore air through touch, sound and movement
- benefit from the exchange with like-minded educators and reflect on your current practice
- feel confident in unlocking the wonders of STEM.
- You will also receive comprehensive materials with lots of STEM ideas and information about inquiry-based practices.
Topic learning objectives
- Exploring the role of metacognition in inquiry-based learning
- Supporting the development of metacognitive processes
- Air phenomena as a gateway into STEM inquiry
Good to know: This workshop provides educators and teachers with a variety of tools and educational concepts to meet a range of requirements of the NQF and the EYLF.
Parking: Parking is available within the vicinity of the venue
Further information: Wear clothing suitable for hands-on activities and experiments.
Cost: This workshop is free of charge.
The Northern Territory Department of Education has generously covered the cost for all NT educators and teachers to register for this workshop. The department understands the value and importance that this PD offers and will continue to offer Little Scientists workshops free of charge throughout 2020.
Who? This workshop is suitable for all educators and teachers and prior STEM knowledge is not required.
Facilitators: Belinda Hoult, Little Scientists trainer
Bring a friend. We know from experience that people who come along with a friend or colleague tend to get more out of the workshop. If you know someone who’d benefit from this workshop, send them this link to find out more and join your workshop.
Please note: The workshop is for educators and teachers only and it is not suitable for children to attend.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com
Completing this workshop will contribute 5 hours and 30 minutes of NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) Registered PD addressing Standard Descriptors 2.1.2, 3.3.2 and 6.2.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.