NewSpace Summit - United Nations Association of Australia
Date and Time
Level 14 International Towers Exchange Place Tower Three, 300 Barangaroo Avenue, Sydney NSW 2000
With the formation of the Australian Space Agency, a message was sent to the world: Australia has finally taken a step into the final frontier. Today, we widely seek support for this initiative.
The United Nations Association of Australia takes great pleasure in announcing our NewSpace summit, collaborating momentum and excellence from all regions of business and academia.
Through the summit, we aim to inspire, educate and empower those interested in helping Australia make this giant leap.
The future of a growing space economy has great potential for furthering the sustainable development of your agencies; the NewSpace summit will showcase opportunities for those involved in law, science, engineering and business.
Australia is now in prime position to lead an expansion into space. The United Nations Association of Australia looks forward to assisting in this ambitious and rewarding endeavour.
Opening Speakers: 9:00am – 9:35am
- United Nations Association of Australia, Lachlan Hunter, National Executive Director – 5mins
- Australian Space Agency, Karl Rodrigues, Executive Director, International and National Engagement – 15mins
- National Space Society, Kirby Ikin, Chairman of the Board | Chief Executive Officer, Asia Pacific Aerospace Consultants - 15 mins
Law: 9:35am – 10:55am
- Steven Freeland, Professor of International Law, Western Sydney University | Member, Australian Space Agency Advisory Group – 15mins
- Bird & Bird, Thomas Jones, Partner, and Co-Head of the firm's Global Satellite and Space Activities Group – 15mins
- Azimuth Advisory, Donna Lawler, Principal – 15mins
- Allens Linklaters, Connie Ye, Associate (Projects) – 15mins
- Herbert Smith Freehills, Peter Dunne, Partner – 15mins
Science: 10:55am – 12:00pm
- Dr Gordon Cable AM, Chair, Space Life Sciences Committee, Australasian Society of Aerospace Medicine | Director and Co-founder, Human Aerospace – 15mins
- CSIRO Astronomy and Space Science, Dr Sarah Pearce, Deputy Director – 15mins
- Gilmour Space Technologies, James Gilmour, CEO & Founder – 15mins
- Darin Lovett, Boeing, Senior Manager - Systems Analysis Lab (SAL), Phantom Works International – 15mins
Lunch Break: 12:00pm – 1:00pm
Business: 1:00pm – 2:35pm
- Australian Trade and Investment Commission (Austrade), Daniel O’Toole, Senior Adviser, Space Industry – 15mins
- Dr. Geraldine Baca Triveno Consultant at Deloitte's Technology, Strategy & Innovation practice – 15mins
- Main Sequence Ventures, Martin Duursma, Partner – 15mins
- KPMG, Jacob Hacker, Space Industry Account Lead – 15mins
- Arup, Jason Carr, Senior Hydrogeologist, Regional Hydrogeology Lead – 15mins
- PwC - 15mins
Engineering: 2:35pm – 3:35pm
- Royal Aeronautical Society Australian Division, AVM Mark Skidmore AM, President of the Division – 15mins
- Nova Systems, Sean Tuttle, Senior Systems Engineer – 15mins
- Airbus Defence & Space, Thomas Pfister, Space and New Business Sales Director – 15mins
- Northrop Grumman, Amanda MacKinnell, Australian Industry Capability Manager – Aerospace – 15mins
Closing Speakers: 3:35pm – 4:15pm
- Niklas Hedman (Mr.) Chief Committee, Policy and Legal Affairs Section, Office for Outer Space Affairs United Nations – 15mins
- NewSpace Fund Pitches – 25mins
ABOUT THE UNAA:
Established in 1946, the United Nations Association of Australia (UNAA) is the official non-profit, non-government, membership-based, organization working on behalf of the United Nations core body to promote its overall aims and ideals.
CONTACT US: email@example.com