TICT's Positive Impact Tourism Workshop & Low Carb(on) lunch - Launceston
If you're a Tasmanian tourism business, you’re invited to a FREE workshop on the why, what and how of sustainable, regenerative and positive impact tourism, with a specific focus on reducing carbon emissions in your businesses.
The workshop will be highly inspiring yet deeply practical, and most importantly - grounded in the practical realities of running a tourism business here in Tassie.
We know that finding the time and dollars to make change in your business is hard – the challenge of finding and keeping great staff, the cost of doing business, maintaining a quality visitor experience and remaining profitable are all day-to-day realities, let alone where to start in reducing emissions in your business.
This workshop is here to help you cut through the noise and support you with highly practical immediate and short-term as well as longer-term changes in your business to make a positive impact and reduce your business’s carbon emissions.
Key learnings from the practical workshop will include:
- Case studies of how tourism businesses around Tasmania, and also Australia are tackling emissions reduction.
- Where and how carbon emissions can be reduced, even when juggling the challenge of staffing, time and business cost pressures.
- Where and how emissions reduction can lead to more meaningful and locally connected visitor experiences.
- How to communicate your positive impact and decarbonisation journey authentically and transparently, so you maintain visitor trust in an often un-trusted space.
- How progress over perfection and micro changes in your business can see big results.
- How reducing emissions can lead to wider positive benefits, such as local community group and business partnerships, as well as new market opportunities.
This workshop will allow you the time to work on your business in a meaningful way to help create a more low-carbon, positive, profitable, and also resilient future for your business.
Who is the workshop for?
- Tourism businesses of all sizes – small, medium to large.
- Businesses that are participating in the TICT Emissions Reduction Initiative.
- TICT members/accredited tourism businesses.
- The day is best suited for people who can support, lead and drive change in your business. If you’re not sure, reach out to the TICT, as places will fill fast!
Attendance to the workshops is free but registration is essential. Note this event is in-person only; it will not be streamed.
What is included?
This free workshop will include a half day of learning, all workshop materials, resources to bring home with you & the opportunity to feast on a Low Carb(on) lunch, curated by Chef Thomas Pirker and his Peppers Silo team. This interactive lunch will allow you to explore the full carbon impact of your ingredient choices.
About the Facilitator – Nic Cooper, The Tourism Collective
The Program is designed and facilitated by Australian positive impact tourism consultancy and industry trainers, the Tourism Collective. It will be delivered by their Regenerative Tourism Specialist, Nic Cooper, who many of you heard from at the 2023 Tasmanian Tourism Conference.
As well as working at the Tourism Collective, Nic is the owner and operator of B-Corp Certified Eco Tour business Wild Adventures Melbourne (WAM) based in Victoria’s Mornington Peninsula. With an insatiable love of nature, outdoors and adventure, and a drive to always do the right thing, Nic created WAM with a regenerative mindset right from the beginning. Nic recently received the highest score (99%) for EcoTourism Australia’s Strive 4 Sustainability Scorecard, his commitment to regenerative tourism and no emissions is undeniable, and his business story is incredibly inspiring!
Want to know more?