How To Be Sociable - (Practice Class | Melbourne)
Date and Time
How To Enjoy Life
This class is a tool of re-enchantment. We are nudged into seeing how neglectful we can be of many phenomena that lack social prestige, not because we are bad or lazy, but because we are up against enormous obstacles to proper appreciation.
Drawing especially on art and literature, the class gently and wisely encourages us to make more of what we have.
How to Enjoy Life teaches us:
- The skills of appreciation and gratitude.
- How little we sometimes notice what is around us.
- How to awaken ourselves to the beauty and value of the things, people and ideas with which we are surrounded.
- How to properly absorb what is already precious in our lives.
- The art of sampling happiness without being sentimental or deluded - a skill we term ‘cheerful despair’.
9:45am Arrival & Welcome (tea & coffee provided)
10:00am Class Starts
11:30am Break (times vary)
1:00pm Class Concludes & Completion of Feedback
About Practice Classes
Practice Classes are an opportunity to experience The School of Life experiences and content without paying our standard public fees. We run practice classes for newly starting facilitators and/or newly developed content. We invite you to sit in on one of our practice classes in exchange for thorough feedback, which you fill our at the end of the session.
Date and Time
Your booking fee is supporting
Education programs for girls
$70 teaches a girl to read and write for a year