PRISM - LGBTIQA+ inclusivity training
Date and Time
PRISM is a one-day practical workshop for building confidence in working with people of diverse genders, diverse sexualities and/or intersex status. This includes but is not limited to people who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans / Transgender, Queer, Questioning, Intersex, Asexual etc, (LGBTIQA+).
PRISM helps you explore how better practice principles can make a difference for you, your organisation, service or school when working with LGBTIQA+ people, including young people.
It introduces you to the latest research and thinking around inclusive practise as well as strategies to challenge homophobia, transphobia and heteronormativity so you can make a real difference for your students, colleagues and clients, starting right here, right now.
PRISM will assist participants to:
- Unpack the LGBTIQA+ acronym and the differences between gender identity, sexual orientation, and intersex status
- Recognise ways people who are LGBTIQA+ experience marginalisation and its impact on their health and wellbeing
- Identify and proactively challenge low-level social violence including cisgenderism, heterosexism, heteronormativity, homophobia, transphobia, biphobia, intersexphobia and microaggressions.
- Identify strategies for building equity and cultural appropriateness into their work practices
- Identify resources and services to use with clients and workers
- Develop a plan to transform learnings into action
How to Book and Pay
- If you have an access code, please click "Enter Access Code" when you are registering. This will show you the ticket that corresponds with the access code.
- Groups of 9 or more full priced tickets will automatically receive a discount of $20 ticket.
- Payment methods: You can pay by Credit Card or request an invoice through Humanitix.
About your reservation
- Training fees include a participant’s workbook and further information and activity materials. Lunch, morning and afternoon tea are provided.
- Changes to attendance dates or names are permitted within 7 days of the registered training date. Should you wish to cancel your registration or change attendance date or names within 7 days of the training date, you will be charged an administration fee of $50.
- Twenty10 may cancel a training session. If your session is cancelled you will be offered the choice of transferring to another training session or a full refund.
- Places are limited and the event may fill up at any time.
- Unless otherwise stated, all training sessions will be held at Twenty10 incorporating GLCS NSW, 45 Chippen Street, Chippendale NSW. 9:30am – 4:30pm
- Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea included.
- This venue is wheelchair accessible via our lift in the foyer of our Chippen Street entrance (but not the entrance on the corner).
ABN: 14 925 105 160
For more information please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or on (02) 8594 9555
Changes to attendance dates or names are permitted within 7 days of the registered training date. Should you wish to cancel your registration or change attendance date or names within 7 days of the training date, you will be charged an administration fee of $50. Twenty10 may cancel a training session. If your session is cancelled you will be offered the choice of transferring to another training session or a full refund.