Refashion upcycling masterclass
Date and Time
We are sewing outside the lines at this upcycling masterclass, providing inspo and ideas for you to refashion and reinvent existing clothing and textiles into personalised garments. At this session we will be:
- sharing subtraction-cutting techniques pioneered by Julian Roberts
- discussing various drape/chop/change/flip techniques
- helping you implement your own upcycles within the timeframe.
This is an inspirational session run by upcycler Jane Milburn* and designer Darin Rose* for those ready to refashion as an act of sustainability and expression of personal style. It is best suited to people who understand the basics of garment construction, know how to sew and may wish to bring their own sewing machine. That said, beginners are also welcome.
WHEN: Friday November 29 at 9.30am-4.30pm
WHERE: West End Croquet Club, 91 Cordelia St, South Brisbane 4101 (parking is available onsite and venue is within walking distance of South Bank station)
WHAT to bring: BYO lunch, and garments you love but aren’t wearing for some reason, remnant fabric, and basic sewing equipment. You will be provided with more detailed information closer to the event.
* Jane is the author of Slow Clothing: finding meaning in what we wear, founder of Textile Beat and a 2019 Churchill Fellow researching how upcycling contributes to reducing textile waste and enhancing wellbeing.
* Darin is a fashion maverick with decades of experience as a designer, pattern drafter, cutter and machinest. He features in the 2019 WornOUT? refashion showcase and creates exclusive designs for his clothing label Daroscouture.
Refunds are available 7 days prior to the event
Date and Time
Your booking fee is supporting
Education programs for girls
$70 teaches a girl to read and write for a year