Science@Home 4-Week Membership: February 2023
Get ready for a month of science!
Join the Fizzics Team every weekday for some fantastic live science demonstrations and fun hands-on activities,
plus Friday Trivia sessions to test your knowledge!
Live curriculum-linked (K-6) science lessons each weekday at 2:00pm AEDT throughout February (January 30 to February 24). Attend live or watch the recordings – ask your questions about science!
- Early bird $40 inc. GST valid until 31 January (that's 20 classes for $2.00 each class!)
- Or $50 inc. GST for bookings made in February (that's 20 classes for $2.50 each class!)
- OR $1200 inc. GST for a GRADE of 90 students (that's 20 classes for $13.33 per student at $0.66 per lesson!). We will work with you to distribute zoom links to your fellow teachers.
IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ!
- All recordings will be kept available throughout the duration of the programme. The link can be found in your ticket.
- Recordings will be removed March 31
- All 20 sessions have the same joining link, Webinar ID and passcode.
- Materials list for each session will be listed here. They will be updated with more detail closer to the sessions.
Seats are limited so bookings are essential
Join us online!
- Live, interactive 40-minute science classes designed for a broad range of ages.
- Designed for all primary-aged students
- Includes a Friday trivia session to test what you've learned.
- Guided by science educators highly experienced in online delivery of multi-award-winning programs.
- Curriculum-linked sessions - your booking includes syllabus mapping for each week of classes.
- Run in a secure online space using Zoom Webinar.
- The price is per device - your whole household can join with a single ticket, though for the optimal experience we recommend no more than 3 children per device.
- Includes recordings of the sessions kept available throughout the month.
- All resources are easy to source
- Attending these sessions constitute acceptance of the Fizzics Education Terms and Conditions for Online Science Classes
Each week you will receive an email with the optional materials to have on hand (not to worry if you cannot source anything!)
- Week 1 – Chemistry (January 30 to February 3)
- Week 2 – The Living World (February 6 to 10)
- Week 3 – Fantastic Physics (February 13 to 17)
- Week 4 – Maths and Engineering (February 20 to 24)
Frequently Asked Questions
HOW DO I CONNECT?
These programs will be run via Zoom Webinar. After booking, you will receive an automated email from Zoom with details
of how to join the sessions.
- The joining link you receive is UNIQUE to you, and should NOT be shared with others.
- Make sure you are using the SAME email address entered for the booking to join the Zoom webinar.
For interactivity and child safety, please join using an adult's email address, your child’s first name, and no last name.
HOW DO THESE SESSIONS WORK?
Attendees will be able to see and hear our presenter(s) but we won’t be able to see or hear you. You will get lots of
chances to ask and answer questions via text-based Q&A and live polling.
Do I have to provide anything?
Completely optional! On booking, you will receive an invitation to receive emails each weekday morning that detail the easy-to-source materials that you can use to make the session hands-on. These materials are not essential - we will show the same materials on-screen regardless.
DO I HAVE TO SUPERVISE MY CHILD?
As a supervising adult, you acknowledge that you are responsible for the behaviour of the participants. You
acknowledge that the Fizzics Education presenter is not a substitute for on-site parental supervision.
Younger children may need assistance with the hands-on activities. If you are not confident that your child can work alone with the materials listed, please provide supervision.
Are the sessions recorded?
Yes, we will record each session and you will be able to find the link in your ticket.
The recordings will be live for a limited time and are there to help those who could not make a session.
Fizzics will provide a full refund only if the event is rescheduled or cancelled. We cannot refund tickets, but name
changes on tickets are acceptable. Fizzics reserves the right to review all requests for refunds on a
- Science parties in Sydney & Melbourne districts
- Science teaching resources, toys & unique gifts
- Science incursion & online programs
- Subscribe to our Facebook page for upcoming events and get in early!