The Good Market 2019
Date and Time
Winthrop Hall (undercroft)
35 Stirling Hwy, Crawley WA 6009, Australia
The Good Market is a marketplace that connects Perth's conscious consumer to a community of ethical, sustainable, retailers, producers and service providers.
An annual free event, The Good Market is part of The Social Impact Festival at the University of Western Australia and functions to amplify initiatives that create positive environmental and social impact through good processes, products and profit.
This year The Good Market embodies The Social Impact Festival’s key themes of walking together towards 2029 and beyond in the spirit of ‘Voice Treaty and Truth’ as outlined by Aboriginal leaders Dr Noel Nannup, Dr Richard Walley, Prof Colleen Hayward and Carol Innes.
To do that The Good Market will feature, artists, social entrepreneurs, activists, ethical producers and providers and fair trade advocates such as Fair Go Trading, Dunn and Walton, MADhub, Dandelion Studios, Ilka,Threeonesix, Postcode Honey, The Organic Collective, Empowering Chicks and ANJELM’s and many more.
Ethical, local and sustainable food vendors at The Good Market include seasonal street food by Summer 1954, certified organic vegetarian catering by Dunn and Walton, Moroccan street food from Shak Shuka, Lisura Coffee with coffee sourced directly from the family owned plantation in Kenya, in addition to delicious seasonal and locally sourced juices, smoothies and coffee from The Juice Palace.
Free Kids Holiday Program
Programmed in the winter school holidays, free ‘earth friendly’ creative, sustainable and educational activities will be available for children aged
1 – 16 years.
- Face Painting: The inspiring students from the Dandjoo Darbalung program will be hosting a face painting space
- Lady Bird Entertainment: Fairies will provide arts, song and stories for children
- Earth Play Arts: Build sculptures from natural objects with Ariane Roemmele
Free Arts and Music Program
- A Social Impact Gallery will highlight the The Social Impact Festival’s 10-year plan with actions and outcomes for how we will walk together towards 2029 and beyond.
- MADhub will display photographs as part of their Eighty Dollar Originals project which gives back to She Sees: a gender gap initiative by the Fred Hollows Foundation.
- Shane Corry from The Galloping Foxleys will performing a mix of original music combining folk, country, roots and rock.
Free Good Fashion, Good Living, Good Food and Just Living Speaker Program
To highlight positive change in the community, The Good Market will host a platform for leaders, entrepreneurs and change agents to discuss how to redesign the areas of fashion, retail and food to create more sustainable systems of consumption.
Full Speaker Program to be released soon…
The Centre for Social Impact
The Centre for Social Impact UWA (CSI UWA) is a catalyst for change in our world, creating and delivering education that transforms, research that informs best practice, and public engagement that inspires and mobilises change makers. CSI UWA is part of a national collaboration with UNSW Australia and Swinburne University of Technology. Together, the three universities form the Centre for Social Impact, which takes a systems approach to developing innovative solutions to the biggest social challenges today, with a vision for a better Australia tomorrow.