The Men's Table Berry - Entree evening
Date and Time
The Men's Table Berry - Entree' evening
The Men’s Table Berry entrée is an introduction to The Men’s Table through open sharing, and guidance from founders of the original Men’s Table. The entrée event is about helping you decide if you would like to be a part of a newly forming Men’s Table group.
What is the Men’s Table?
The Men’s Table is for the good of men. The first Men's Table (MT1) began in 2011 with 12 men who have met once a month for dinner ever since. It is now growing to become a national charity.
The Men’s Table creates a unique environment for men to share openly about their lives, their challenges, their highs and lows with a group of men who they learn to know, respect and trust.
The Men’s Table creates a sense of belonging, community, peer support and camaraderie that is lacking for many men, even for some who already have a group of mates. Belonging to a Men’s Table contributes to mental, emotional and social wellbeing whilst being a powerful support to individual members journeys through life. Each Men’s Table is a distinct expression of the needs and personalities of its members, guided by the fundamentals from MT1, and supported by TheMensTable.org www.themenstable.org
What might I expect of a typical Men’s Table Entree' evening?
Men gain a great deal from sharing and hearing other men’s experiences of life. Each group will have its own variation of an approach which can evolve over time, however the process often includes:
- Chatting & catching up as people arrive.
- At 7pm, A brief check in.
- As men feel ready, a man shares what is happening for him. This can be anything from moments of joy, happiness, pride, sadness or grief; challenges or obstacles, how things are in relationships, work and friendships; issues relating to the past, present and future. The topics are as wide and varied as men’s life experiences. A person's sharing might be around 10 minutes. Confidentiality is important and it is up to a man if he shares that evening.
- As men share they are listened to and accepted. Other men are discouraged from 'fixing'. A man may ask for input or feedback from others once they've shared, but often are comfortable just having shared without the need for input from others.
- Men share from their direct experience, speaking for themselves. We avoid prophesising and generalisation.
You will get a great overview of the process at the Entrée event. The Entrée is an opportunity to meet other men who are thinking of joining and to see if joining a Men’s Table is for you.
More information about the Men’s Table can be found at the website; https://themenstable.org
If you're interested in being a part of The Men's Table but can't make this date and would like to be kept abreast of future gatherings, let us know by responding to the "Can't make entree" text box question on checkout.
For more information, contact:
Michael Collins - Host of Berry Men's Table - 0450 612 358
David Pointon - Co-founder; The Men's Table 0412 199 648
Ben Hughes - Co-founder; The Men's Table 0424 99 33 66