VAPS Conference 2018 - Cultivating Curiosity: Philosophy and STEM
Date and Time
33 Saxon St, Brunswick VIC 3056, Australia
Friday Keynote: Dr Tim Sprod, Chair of the Association for Philosophy in Tasmanian Schools, on "Why engage in philosophical inquiry in STEM subjects?"
Saturday Keynote: Krystal De Napoli, from Monash University, on "Indigenous Astronomy and Ethics"
- Presentations, workshops and sessions relevant to both Primary and Secondary School Philosophy
- For VCE teachers, we'll have plenty of focus on the 2019-23 VCAA Study Design, including sessions on ALL the new texts
- 'Exploring critical issues in STEM via the Ethics Olympiad'
- 'Naturalism and philosophical thinking: Promoting curiosity by confronting intuition and common sense'
- 'Pedagogy of Community of Inquiry'
- Delicious catering by the ASRC
- A social evening to wrap up on the Saturday night
Come to Scienceworks on Thursday 13th September (10am - 2pm) for an in-action day. Observe expert facilitators conducting philosophical Communities of Inquiry with Year 5-6 students in STEM areas, including a planetarium show!
Your booking fee is supporting
Every dollar goes towards providing scholarships for an Indigenous child's education