WA Ethical Collective November Meetup - 'Connect and Crotchet'
Date and Time
Welcome, members of the WA Ethical Collective (and friends)!
We are delighted to be making an official community of wonderful changemakers in our home state who are as passionate about ethical clothing and manufacturing just as much as we are.
Wednesday 27th November will be our next meetup - 'Connect and Crotchet' at the Fremantle Fibonacci Centre and we'd love for you to come along. If you like, you can bring a friend who is interested in our collective – we'll be taking signups on the day as well.
When: 27th November 2019, 6:30pm to 8:30pm
Where: Fremantle Fibonacci Centre
Who: approved members of WA Ethical Collective and friends who are interested
What we'll be doing: our community November meetup - 'Connect and Crotchet'. A guided session on how to crotchet will be lead by Bianca Roose, all levels welcomed. We encourage you all to ask each other questions, have conversations, build understanding, spread knowledge, share wisdom, and support each other. We'll be enjoying food together and, to boost that creativity.
- Your own dish to share with the group – something small and simple. Store-bought or finger food is fine! We are currently a free community so, at this stage, we cannot provide food for everyone. For the respect of all of our members please make it is clear if your dish contains any allergens such as eggs, milk, peanuts, tree nuts, fish, shellfish, gluten, wheat, or soy.
- Your own crotcheting hooks, only if you have some! We will be providing yarn and hooks. By no means do you have to be an expert or an artist, you don't even have to have crotchet before, but we invite you to release your mental tension by a form of art (all forms of judgement will not be tolerated, please be kind 💗).
- Your worry-free, wonderful self. We would love for this to be a warm, welcoming, and pressure-free picnic. It is not a typical 'networking' event but rather a place where we all can meet, get to know each other, feel safe, and support each other's differences.
*** This is a FREE event, however, tickets are required for us to be able to provide the materials needed. Please register for a ticket so we can keep track of numbers. We can't wait to see you there!
More about WA Ethical Collective
We are WA Ethical Collective. We’re a non-profit member-based organisation based in Perth, WA, building a community of ethical brands and people who want to share conversations and knowledge about ethical practices. Primarily focusing on clothing, textiles and natural processes, we want to encourage a global reconnection with products, the way they are made, the materials they’re made with, and who they’re made by.
We believe greater respect can be found for our clothing when we acknowledge and understand the history of a garment’s production and how manufacturing practices can change and grow over time. We’re here to share that wisdom and learn from each other by simply asking questions and starting conversations.
As a community, we believe in supporting each other, empowering all makers, and honouring our Earth.
Become a member of WA Ethical Collective
Both businesses and individuals are welcome to join for free, so long as they are based in Western Australia and align with our social and environmental values.
What you receive as a member:
- Access to our Facebook group
- A member badge for your website
- Invitations to local meetups
- The opportunity to connect with other influential ethical brands and people in WA
If you’d like to become a member of WA Ethical Collective, please submit your application form at bit.ly/WAEthicalCollective-Individual if you want to apply as yourself or at bit.ly/WAEthicalCollective-Brand if you want to apply as a business.
Refunds are available 1 day prior to the event