WiTWA[+] 2019 Conference and Tech[+] 20 Awards
Date and Time
Hyatt Regency Perth
99 Adelaide Terrace, Perth WA 6000, Australia
WiTWA[+] brings to life to the statement: if you can see her you can be her.
Held on Thursday 24 October at the Hyatt Regency Perth, the day will be filled with stories of ingenuity, adversity and triumph from some extraordinary local, national and international role models in the tech[+] space so all attendees can expand their idea of what's possible.
The day also includes stories from companies striving to achieve diversity and equality in tech[+] industries, some professional-development style learning and an abundance of opportunities for WA's tech[+] community to engage with each other throughout the day.
Our exhibitors area will offer plentiful opportunities for delegates to learn more about our sponsors and access some of their services.
At the end of the day, we will induct our inspiring 2019 role models and celebrate our Tech[+] 20 and individual awards winners. For more information, see:
Awards nominations are open 11 June to 31 July, 2019.
- 8:30am: Open for registration.
- 9am to 4pm: Three conference sessions including a mix of speeches, panels and professional development sessions (break for morning tea and a late lunch, provided)
- 4 to 4:30pm: WiTWA Tech[+] 20 Awards presentations; a continuation of our Awards established in 2018.
- 4:30 to 6pm: An informal networking session and celebration of our inaugural event and wonderful sponsors.
We welcome all genders. Choose whether you'll attend:
- Full day ($390 +GST +b/f): 8:30am to 6pm, to partake in the full conference, Awards presentation and celebration.
- Awards only ($50 +GST +b/f): 4 to 6pm, to see the presentation of the Awards and celebrate with our nominees, winners and sponsors, including drinks and canapes.
Book a single ticket or get a 10% discount for a table of eight people.
Early bird pricing for some tickets runs while Award nominations are open (11 June to 31 July) - get in quick for an extra 10% discount!
If you're regional/remote and can't attend in person, grab a virtual ticket for $99 +GST +b/f to get private access to a live streaming of the event. Early bird discount also applies.
Student spots available on sponsor tables. Nomination process for these spots TBC.
Want merch? Add a shirt to your order!
Add a black WiTWA 'If you can see her, you can be her' conference t-shirt for $40 +GST +b/f per shirt. As they are fitted shirts, we recommend sizing up (e.g. if you tend to be a size 14, go for a 16). You will be asked to nominate your size on checkout.
Thank you to our wonderful sponsors:
Thank you to the following organisations who have been the first to step up and say YES! We’re thrilled to have them on board.
- Wrays https://www.wrays.com.au/
- Amazon Web Service https://aws.amazon.com/
- Consulate General of the United States of America - Perth
- Valrose https://valrose.com.au/
- Kinetic IT https://www.kineticit.com.au/
- Metisphere https://metisphere.com.au/
- Department of Industry, Innovation and Science
- Optus Business: https://www.optus.com.au/business/
Awards Drinks Sponsor
- Appbot https://appbot.co/
Women in Technology WA Inc. (WiTWA)
WiTWA is a Perth-based, not for profit organisation providing a framework for women in tech [+] to extend their networks and expand their knowledge on a broad range of professional topics. We encourage open conversation and inspire deliberation and debate. WiTWA wants to see more women in tech [+] roles and organisations in WA, and to progress those already in these careers as we achieve greater parity and equality. This is how we help make it happen: Encouraging young people to study STEM subjects through our Techtrails program, showing Year 9 and 10 students the diverse and varied jobs for all genders in tech [+] careers. We want to retain the women already in tech [+] careers. We do this by helping them connect with fellow supporters and providing networking and development opportunities through our suite of events: TechXChanges, Boardroom Series and our newly minted one-day conference, WiTWA [+]. Our supporters span across gender, industry and age and are committed to introducing women and young people to exciting and meaningful careers in tech, science and innovation. We want to champion tech [+] as viable, future focused and stimulating professions for young people to consider; and we want to support them in that pursuit – all while raising the status of women in Australian business and in all tech [+] industries.