Writing for the Web - Melbourne: Vision Australia
Date and Time
Cliftons Melbourne - Collins Street
1/440 Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia
Writing for the Web
Create useful, usable and accessible content that works well on mobile, tablet and desktop browsers.
Suitable for anyone who writes content for their organisation’s website, intranet.
The course modules are:
- Users - Covers reading behaviour online; how people with disabilities interact with content.
- Useful - Covers planning to ensure you identify your audience and meet their information needs.
- Findable - Covers content elements that affect search engine optimisation. Includes labelling content so people can identify pages listed in search results, social media links, browser tabs, bookmarks and histories.
- Scannable - Covers designing content for desktop computers, tablets and mobiles. Includes structure, headings, paragraphs, lists, tables and links.
- Readable - Covers writing for efficient and effective reading. Includes register, word choice, sentence length, verb voice, nominalisations, personal pronouns and concise writing.
- Accessible - covers 1.3.3 Sensory characteristics, 3.3.1 Error identification, 3.3.2 Labels or instructions, 3.3.3 Error suggestions
Covers the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1 in brief, focusing on the guidelines for images.
During the course you’ll use an iPad we supply (shared with another participant), preloaded with the presentation files and exercises.
- Printed course notes which include handy checklists
- Access to download presentation slides (for personal use only)
- Loads of online resources (cheat sheets, tips sheets and more)
Cost and Inclusions
Prices listed are per person, including GST. Catering is provided.
- Early bird (registrations confirmed more than 21 days prior): $715
- Group rate (registrations for 4 people or more): $715
- Full price: $795
You may only cancel your registration by written notice to firstname.lastname@example.org. If notification of cancellation is received by Vision Australia: (i) more than 14 days prior to the event, a full refund of your registration fees, less an administration fee of $16.50, will be provided; (ii) between 7 and 14 days prior to the event, a refund of 50% of your registration fees, less an administration fee of $16.50, will be provided; (iii) less than 7 days prior to the event, registration fees will not be refunded.
Phone: 1300 367 055
Vision Australia's Digital Access team is proud to be the leading provider of accessibility and inclusive design training in Australia. Our public and in-house training courses enable professionals and whole organisations to achieve the highest standards in digital accessibility, inclusion and communication.