YINC - Youth Incubator at Atlassian
Date and Time
Your child has been selected to join Australia’s youth incubator for teenage social entrepreneurs – YINC. YINC is Young Change Agents’ second stage program where youth are given the opportunity to further develop the ideas they developed and pitched in our designathon program.
This January, we will be hosted by Atlassian – the largest Australian software company. The teams will be able to draw on the expertise and mentorship of Atlassian staff as they continue to develop their tech-based social enterprise idea!
What will happen at YINC?
YINC will be a mix of masterclasses, activities, networking and groupwork.
This will include:
- a cycle of prototyping and customer validation that will allow your team to iterate your solution in line with customer needs
- engagement with mentors to create confidence and a transfer of knowledge and skills
- exposure to industry experts, professionals and potential clients
- specific new learning topics including partnerships, financing, marketing, finance and risk
- showcase at the end of the 3 days
Other things to know!
The program has also been designed with the safety of our young social entrepreneurs in mind. Young Change Agents staff will be on site at all times with the youth and all guests and speakers are by invitation only. Healthy catering will be provided for the duration and the program will include a session on health and wellbeing in entrepreneurship.
- Parental permission and a still and moving image release will be required to participate (once registered we will send the forms)
- Travel to and from the program is not included
- Wynyard train/bus station are very close by
- Bring at least one laptop per team. (if you don't have access to a laptop, please let us know).
- Dress is smart casual
- Bring your own water bottle
Margaret O'Brien, Co-Founder and CEO of Young Change Agents can be contacted on 0452 27 69 27 or by email at email@example.com