In Focus Family Workshops are unique workshops presented too small to very small groups of participants, allowing for specific questions and scenarios to be discussed with the experienced presenter from Autism SA. Sessions focus on a specific topic and develop participants knowledge, understanding and provide participants with specific strategies that they can use in a range of environments.
NDIS funding may be used to access these workshops. Please complete the questions relating to your participants NDIS Plan when registering.
This workshop, presented to a small group of participants, acknowledges that many individuals on the autism spectrum may experience high anxiety levels. The presenter will discuss the importance of identifying observable signs of anxiety at five different levels, and how a person can respond when an individual is at each of these levels. The workshop will also discuss how to support an individual to self-identify their anxiety levels, and use effective strategies to reduce anxiety when it is impacting their day.
• What to do at each level when anxiety escalates;
• How to develop emotional regulation skills;
• The importance of non-aversive behaviour management;
• How to teach an individual strategies to calm; and
• Developing a 5-Point Plan to support an individual in different environments.