General Family Workshops are presented to a group of participants and aim to develop participants understanding of a particular area relating to the autism spectrum. Presented by experienced professionals from across different teams within the organisation, participants will develop a greater understanding through these interactive, engaging and practical workshops. For Free sessions, participants must be either on the autism spectrum or a family member of someone on the spectrum.
NDIS funding may be used to access these workshops. Please complete the questions relating to your participants NDIS Plan when registering.
This session is for families and carers that are accessing the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) for the first time, as well as for those who are already in the scheme but want to know more.
The following topics will be covered during the session:
• Background of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS);
• Who can apply and how to apply
• Preparing for your planning meeting, including goal setting;
• What you can use your NDIS money for;
• Options for managing your money;
• Choosing services and providers;
• Getting ready for a review; and
• Grievance procedures.