'End of Life - What do I need to know?'
Date and Time
The last 2 of these workshops were a SELL OUT so be quick if you want to make this next one. The feedback we received was FABULOUS! and it was great fun too!
'End of Life - What do I need to know' - Having the Conversation no one is having....'
• Have you recently experienced the death of a Parent or family member or dear friend?
• Were you overwhelmed with what had to be done to get everything sorted?
- Are you just interested to know more about what your own options are?
• Have you realised you don't want to leave this behind for your loved ones to deal with? Do you want them to be able to grieve your death instead of being stressed out about what needs to be arranged?
We all spend a lot of time planning our days - but what about our death?
Do you want to chance that your loved ones know what you want when you die?
Come along and spend an afternoon with Celebrant, Speaker, Author and End of Life Companion, Michelle Jewels-Parsons.
In our community workshop we will discuss what we all need to think about to prepare for our death, both physically and emotionally.
You will come away from this workshop empowered with a better and clearer understanding of what processes will happen upon your death with your body, and what your family will need to know in order to plan your funeral.
EVERYONE ATTENDING WILL TAKE HOME A DEATH KIT made by Michelle (included in the cost!) and you will enjoy the Barista Talents of the wonderful Mark Potter from Meeting Place, McLaren Vale included in your ticket! Just bring along your lovely selves!
Do you want a funeral? Do you know you don't have to have one? Did you know that many if not most of the Funeral Homes in Adelaide will meet with you to record your wishes in what they call a 'Pre-Arrange' if you aren't in a position to do a Pre-Paid arrangement? this is just many of the topics we will discuss together on the day.
We will create our own list of wishes whilst having the chance to also think about what's important to you and what YOU want (and don't want) when you die.
We will discuss options you may not be aware of, and will talk about how much the industry is changing. It will be an afternoon demystifying death as we know it.
Nothing is taboo or off the table and EVERYTHING is up for discussion.
A priceless opportunity to 'pick Michelle's brain' with any questions you may have - she is a fountain of knowledge.
Lots of good old fashioned conversation!
Afternoon tea is provided. GF and DF options catered for.
Please arrive by 1:45pm for a 2pm SHARP start - we have lots to cover!
Michelle wishes to keep this to an intimate gathering so only 30 tickets are available. Be quick!
Tickets $49 + booking fee (Booking fee part proceeds of which support education for girls in third world countries)
About the facilitator:
Michelle has many years of experience working in the industry as a Funeral Celebrant, End of Life Companion working with the Terminally Ill, a Hospice Volunteer, Funeral Director and more recently an Author of a Children's book, that explains Death to our children - The Present Box.
She is about to launch a new and exciting online program called My Emotional Will - a game changer in helping you sort your life and death out in a supported uncomplicated way.
She is on a mission to change the way we approach death as a community, and to encourage us all to have the conversation no one is having! Because, at the end of the day, as Michelle says- 'we are all just walking each other home'.
She looks forward to seeing you there!
Want to see some feedback from our previous workshops?
- 'WOW - I can't believe I received all of that for $49 - what a bargain!'
- 'I came along apprehensive not really knowing what I wanted or didn't want. Now I'm sure and am actually being pro-active in talking to my family about it! Thanks Michelle'
- 'Very informative, Michelle certainly knows her stuff when it comes to death, and she made it fun and entertaining!'
- 'Death made easy. I understand everything much clearer now - nice to know my options!'
- 'I felt comfortable to ask the tricky questions - very informative'
- 'Ive learnt a lot today, and know more now about what I don't want!'
- 'Valuable, informative and very honest'
- 'Don't wait till it's too late' was Michelle's motto, and now I see why!'
No refunds, but tickets are transferable to another. Please just advise Michelle of the names prior to the day.
Date and Time
Your booking fee is supporting
Education programs for girls
$70 teaches a girl to read and write for a year