Foodbank Christmas Hamper Packing with AIP and SCLAA
Date and Time
Every year the Australian Institute of Packaging (AIP), the Supply Chain & Logistics Association of Australia (SCLAA), in collaboration with other industry associations, spend their Christmas Party differently.
Rather than holding the standard Christmas Party, the AIP and SCLAA Members, along with members of the public and businesses; packing 1,000x Family Hampers and 300x Ladies Hampers which are given to Foodbank to help those in need during the holiday season.
Over the last eight years, our industry has packed over 8,000 hampers to the value of nearly $900,000 for people in need and they look forward to packing even more hampers in 2019.
We do hope that you join us in 2019 and help us meet the $1 million mark in donation and 10,000 hampers packed.
The format for the day commences around 10:00am at Eagle Farm Race Course and co-sponsored by the Brisbane Racing Club (BRC) includes:
- 10:00 am - Registration
- 10.30 am - Welcome and outline of the day
- 11:00 am - Commence packing of 1,000 Food Xmas Hampers and 300 Ladies Hampers
- 12.30 pm: Lunch (provided by the BRC) includes gourmet sausages, variety of salads and breads. Note the cost of entry includes two alcoholic drinks from the bar (beer, wine or champagne) with a cash bar available as well. Coffee, tea and soft drinks will be available free of charge throughout the day.
- 1.30 pm - Packing resumes
- 3:00 pm - Complete packing and begin clean up. Commence karaoke and Xmas Carol "sing off", raffle and networking with attendees.
- 4.30pm - Thank-you and conclusion of day
Please note: as part of the day’s activities you may be allocated various roles of "decanting" product, packing food and/or ladies’ hampers and participating in Christmas Carolling. A Monster Raffle will also be run with fantastic prizes on offer.
If you're unable to attend but would still like to support Foodbank, SCLAA and AIP, then you can help us purchase much needed product: CLICK HERE
Foodbank is the largest hunger relief organisation in Australia. Foodbank is a non-denominational, non-profit organisation which acts as a pantry to the charities and community groups who feed the hungry. It was first established in Queensland in 1995 and services charities in every state and territory with distribution centres in all state capitals as well as a number of regional centres.