Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) | Cool Karma Collected: TERM 1
Date and Time
Learn to cultivate life-long tools that will help you maximize your life, even when facing stress, illness, injury and the general demands of modern living.
The course is suitable for anyone
- Wanting to live life more fully in the present, letting go of fears and worries about the future and getting stuck in the past
- interested in developing their own regular Mindfulness meditation practice; and
- looking to find ways to manage the challenges of everyday living – becoming less reactive and more responsive. Finding greater satisfaction and more calm at work, at home and even during the peak hour commute.
Including individuals who may have experienced stress, anxiety, depression, illness and other challenges in their lives.
What is the course schedule and time commitment?
Your instructor will create a safe and supportive environment for this work and learning through:
- Guided instruction in mindfulness meditation practices
- Gentle stretching and mindful yoga
- Group dialogue and discussions aimed at enhancing awareness in everyday life
- Individually tailored instruction
- Daily home assignments
- You will be provided with the MBSR course workbook and MP3’s of the guided mindfulness practices to support your practice
You will attend group classes for 2 ½ hours, once a week for 8 weeks. Classes are generally of an evening between 7pm–9.30pm. You receive 31 hours of direct tuition.
You will also attend an All-Day weekend retreat that occurs between the 6th and 7th week of the program.
In addition to the 31 hours of practice in a supportive classroom environment guided by a professionally trained MBSR teacher, each participant engages in 45minutes of mindfulness practice daily between classes as homework to foster the development of the new habit of mindfulness.
Before starting the course, you will participate in an individual pre-course interview with the course facilitator, so you can be fully informed about the course, and we can decide together if this course is suitable for you at this time in your life.
The course commitments and inclusions:
- Attendance at 8 group classes that run for between 2.5 and 3 hours each.
- Attendance at the all Silent Day Retreat
- 31 hours of direct tuition
- Mindfulness Meditation sound files for use at home
- Course materials and resources to assist your practice; and
- Weekly emails to inspire and keep you on track.
DATES: Mon 10th February - Mon 30th March 7pm-9.30pm, Silent Day - 22nd March, 9am-4.30pm
LOCATION: Elwood Sailing Club, Elwood Foreshore, VIC 3184
INVESTMENT: $850. Place a $150 deposit now to secure your place. Advance booking is essential as spots are limited.
Any questions? Get in touch to organise your complimentary call: www.coolkarmacollected.com.
Date and Time
Your booking fee is supporting
Nutrition for Aussie school kids
$1 = 2 meals
Cool Karma Collected
Since 2011, Cool Karma Collected has been teaching people how to get a greater sense of balance in their life through Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction techniques. The Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Program was developed by Jon Kabat-Zinn at the Centre for Mindfulness (CFM) at the University of Massachusetts. The course has been scientifically tested and approved and has over 30 years of compelling research and results. It's taught worldwide and has featured on the cover of Times Magazine, Oprah, is practiced regularly at Google head office and frequently features on TED talks. CKC's Programs offer valuable, practical and down to earth mindfulness techniques aimed at bringing about greater balance, improving self-awareness and fully living in the present moment. From the boardroom to blue-collar front line and everything in between – our Programs are tailored and personalised for every group we deliver for.